- 1½ ounces dried hibiscus flowers
- ½ cup sugar, plus more to taste
- 3¾ cups tequila
- 1¾ cups rum
- 1¾ cups simple syrup
- Juice from 5 limes (about ¾ cup)
- Lime wheels, for garnish
1. In a large saucepan, bring 1½ cups of water to a boil. Place the hibiscus flowers in a large bowl and pour the boiling water over them. Soak the flowers for 20 minutes, then pour the liquid through a strainer into a large pitcher. Add the sugar and stir until it’s dissolved. Add 3 cups cold water to the pitcher and adjust the sugar to taste.
2. Add the tequila, rum, simple syrup and lime juice to the pitcher and stir to combine. Fill ten medium glasses halfway full with ice, then divide the punch among the glasses. Serve immediately, garnished with lime wheels in trendy Mason Jars.
You can find Hibiscus Flowers in local markets with tea productsI got mind at 'Byblos' a lebanese market in Montreal.